Thursday, October 15, 2009

The "It's Nice Syndrome"

Hello All,

Writing this blog is a new experience for me and one that I can say that I've enjoyed.  As I have told others about my blog, what it's about, and about wanting to learn to tattoo; there is an interesting phenomenon that keeps occurring.   I call this phenomenon the”oh that's nice" syndrome.  It's the statement that people make when, one, they are disinterested in the subject or two; they don't understand what you are trying to do.  For most people it's the latter and this is nothing new to me and probably not to you either; however each time it becomes a little funnier to me. I'm able to laugh because to put it simply I've learned that no one will "get you" like you "get you" no matter how hard you try to explain yourself.  Sometimes this hinders many people from trying new things or doing the things that they love; well to put it bluntly don't let it!  Ultimately in the end when you have accomplished what you wanted some will say "oh, now I get it", but if they don't that's okay too.

That's the lesson for today, now on to the tattooing.  I've been looking online for information concerning technique and using the tattoo machine.  So far I have found only one good source. The sight has information concerning what the function of the needles are, how they are made etc. Oh and on a side note, did you know that Thomas Edison was the inventor of the tattoo machine?  That one surprised me too.  After finding the right phrasing to use in the search engine (I kept getting everything other than what I was searching for) I was also able to find information on shading techniques.  My initial thought was that using a tattoo gun would be somewhat akin to using a sewing machine or a hand held embroidery machine, but after reading I am beginning to reconsider that thought.  I don't think that it will be impossible to learn how to use a tattoo machine, but it may be a little more challenging than I expected.  One thing is sure though, I am still up for the challenge and I'm excitedly awaiting the arrival of my tattoo kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment